We understand the significance of being able to support yourself and your family.
We help create employment partnerships. We empower refugees and immigrants to utilize services and referrals leading to employment. We also motivate, inspire, encourage and guide the unemployed and underemployed through job readiness training and on-the-job support.
During tax season, we also offer self-assisted tax preparation.
Employment services include:
- Evaluation and pre-screening for job compatibility
- Assessment of work experience
- Computer literacy
- English-as-a-Second Language (ESL) instruction
- Participation in employment preparation workshops
- Job placements and referrals
- Referrals to job fairs
- Online job search and application assistance
- Resume and cover letter writing assistance
- Interview etiquette and skills
- Mock interviewing
- Work etiquette, ethics, and job policies and procedures
- Customer service skills
- Leadership development
- Referrals to short-term vocational training programs
- Access to computers, copiers, fax machines and telephones