ACCESS of WNY is looking for an Immigration & Civic Engagement Coordinator to assist client’s Immigration applications and to assist with administrative and client-oriented responsibilities for our Immigration department. The coordinator will lead all civic engagement activities on behalf of the organization.
- Answer phones and greet clients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Compile and maintain appointment schedules, client records and office activities.
- Maintain and ensure individuals’ files are secured and filed.
- Coordinate with USCIS Immigration Liaisons, Attorneys, Journey’s End, NYIC, ESL Programs, and other programs as needed..
- Serve as the lead contact for all Civic Engagement & Advocacy efforts. Completion of all deliverables and reports. Recruit volunteers and train volunteers when needed.
- Participate in all trainings necessary while working toward DOJ Accreditation
- Other duties as assigned pertaining to immigration and civic engagement provided by the Executive Director.
- Develop a working knowledge of USCIS Forms and Procedures
- Coordinate voter campaigns and education events through social media, email campaigns, canvassing, phone calls, messaging, robocalls, mailers, and other means.
- Greet and assist clients.
- Seek the assistance of the client and ensure eligibility and qualifications.
- Explain the services that you will provide.
- File client’s intakes and documentations securely.
- Periodically attend USCIS office for translation.
- Daily check and response to voicemails, emails, and text messages.
- Prepare immigration applications and attachments to be approved by an attorney or accredited individual.
- Operate computer, copier, fax machine, scanner, and digital payment program.
- Participate in mandatory training.
- Prepare monthly reports for the Executive Director.
- Understand duties may evolve at the discretion of the Executive Director.
Immigration & Civic Engagement Coordinator cont.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience.
- Must be bilingual in English and Arabic.
- Must be familiar with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Windows OS. Must be comfortable using a computer for basic online research and other web-based tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Courteous on the phone, to visitors, and to staff.
- Social perceptiveness.
- Active listening.
- Time management.
- Strong multitasking skills.
Bilingual in Arabic strongly preferred but not required.
Job Type: Part-time
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Community Engagement Specialists: 1 year (Preferred)
If interested in this postion, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply on