Qualifications: Have a valid NYS driver’s license and must have completed required background checks as per Vendor Agreement and vendor agency policy.
Experience Required: Experience working with at risk youth
Certificate/License: Have active NYS licensure in one of the professions listed below OR Be in active pursuit of licensure
- Valid NYSED Initial or Professional Classroom Teacher Certification
- Valid NYSED Teacher Assistant Certification combined with current employment in a school district or NYSED recognized academic tutoring/support program
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s level Teacher Preparation Program with active, supervised internship
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s level Teacher Preparation Program with current or history of full time, part time, or per diem employment as a Teacher, Teacher Assistant, or Substitute Teacher
- Retired or similar NYSED Certified Classroom Teacher or Teacher Assistant, whose certification was in good standing at the time of separation from employment
- Career professionals who do not meet the above criteria but are specific curriculum content experts currently under the supervision and employment of a recognized tutoring program or agency OR have certification in basic level tutoring. Basic certification courses can be accessed on line through the following organizations:
- American Tutoring Association
- Association for the Tutoring Profession
- National Tutoring Association
OR have at least 10 hours of experience tutoring or academic coaching through an agency with a professional letter of recommendation
It is the responsibility of this provider to inform their vendor agency supervisor if they should lose or have a lapse in licensure. The Vendor Agency in turn must inform CCNY of this issue within 2 business days from receipt of this knowledge.
Note: NYSED requirements/definitions related to any of the above may be substituted with similar state regulatory body for those who have recently relocated to NYS, upon formal verification completed by the hiring vendor agency. Please note that Teacher Assistant Certification is a formal designation under NYSED. Teacher Aid is not recognized the same as Teacher Assistant under NYSED guidelines.
Minimum Education: Associate’s degree or higher that is that is current with NYSED standards/regulations as per applicable degree/certification.
Training Requirements: Prior to any case assignment, vendor must successfully complete the 3 Day High Fidelity Wraparound Erie County Vendor Training, Question Persuade Refer (QPR) Suicide Prevention Training, Erie County Department of Social Services approved Mandated Reporter Training, and any other required trainings as identified by individual vendor agencies.
Service Code Description: Academic coaching services provide academic support to the identified youth and family members enrolled in regular or special education as per goals agreed upon by the Child Family Team meeting. This service may be provided to a youth who is enrolled, suspended, or preparing for the GED. Academic coaching helps students develop skills, behaviors, and habits that contribute to success in school including academic and/or career goal setting, content review/instruction, learning strategies, study skills, test taking strategies, time management strategies, organization of class materials, and note taking skills. The provider of this service must be proficient in providing academic support in the youth’s specific course areas of need. Academic coaching services are only to be authorized after the Child Family Team has explored alternate no cost natural or community based options, including access to tutoring or academic coaching services through the youth’s home school district. Exploration of alternative options must be documented in the progress notes. Progress notes must be clear and specific, document progress toward goal completion aligned with the Plan of Care, and address risk, safety, permanency, and well-being.
Transition Responsibility: When academic coaching services are authorized, a sustainability goal must also be added to the Plan of Care. The Child Family Team will build/enhance the skills of the youth/caregiver and assist in the identification of a natural/community support to eliminate the need for this service. The overall goal is to reduce risk/safety and enhance permanency/well-being. Please note that all vendor services are time-limited and transition to natural and/or community supports is an expectation of the High Fidelity Wraparound process.
*Bilingual/Multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged.
Top 5 languages (besides American English) spoken in the Buffalo, NY metro area:
1. Spanish: 30,790 speakers (2.87% of area)
2. Polish: 7,951 speakers (0.74% of area)
3. Italian: 5,970 speakers (0.56% of area)
4. Arabic: 5,608 speakers (0.52% of area)
5. French: 4,455 speakers (0.41% of area)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations
If interested in this postion, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply on