SERVICE OPPORTUNITY: VISTA developer and manager of Employment and workforce programs.
ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION:
The mission of Access is to bridge the gap for families and communities by providing education, youth development, immigration and support services to improve their quality of life.
Established in 2005, the Arab-American Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) of WNY is a non-profit organization that was created to promote understanding and strengthen the bonds of faith and friendship between members of the Arab American community and people of other nationalities and cultures living within America. Our organization is non-sectarian, serving families and individuals of any faith or ethnicity.
ABOUT AMERICORPS VISTA:
AmeriCorps VISTA is a national service program designed specifically to fight poverty. VISTA members commit to serve full‐time for a year at a nonprofit organization creating or expanding programs designed to bring individuals and communities out of poverty. During your service, you’ll receive a modest living allowance, health care, and other benefits (please see below for more information). Learn more about becoming a VISTA at: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp
The VISTA activities will focus on developing, implementing, and building capacity to optimize long-term impact on adult education and workforce programs.
VISTA SERVICE Responsibilities:
- Will be responsibility for the development of ACCESS WNY education and workforce programs.
- The member will create a marketing strategy around education and workforce development programs.
- The member responsible for raising funds and applying for grants specific to employment and training programs.
- The member will oversee the implementation of the PITA (propelling individuals toward autonomy) program at ACCESS of Western New York.
- The member will be responsible for collecting data related to the PITA, adult education and workforce programs.
- Preferred: B.A. degree from an accredited university or college in Social Service, Business Administration, Management, or comparable course of study preferred.
- Experience in workforce development, case management, career counseling, or program development.
- Must be able to have the ability to develop and organize programs utilizing logic model, dash boards.
- Demonstrated interest in working with underserved and marginalized communities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Word and Excel)
- Grant/proposal writing experience preferred
- Previous experience in a non-profit environment preferred
- Annual living allowance of $$447.86 bi-weekly
- A choice between an Education Award of $5,775 or End-of-Service Stipend of $1,500 at the completion of service
- Limited AmeriCorps VISTA Health Benefit Program
- 10 personal and 10 sick leave days
- Training and development opportunities
- Relocation assistance
- Child care allotment of $400 per child
- Deferred College loans during time of service
- August 22, for one full year of service
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample (2 to 3 pages) via email to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position in the subject of the email and the cover letter. No phone inquiries please.