JOB DESCRIPTION – ACCESS WNY COMMUNICATIONS/MARKETING INTERN
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
The mission of ACCESS WNY is to bridge the gap for families and communities by providing education, youth development, immigration and support services to improve their quality of life.
Established in 2005, the Arab-American Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) of WNY is a non-profit organization that was created to promote understanding and strengthen the bonds of faith and friendship between members of the Arab American community and people of other nationalities and cultures living within America. Our organization is non-sectarian, serving families and individuals of any faith or ethnicity.
Intern, Part-time: 12-16 hours per week. Time commitment may vary according to the intern’s arrangement and request. Hours are flexible; evenings and weekends may be available.
Intern reports to the Executive Director
If intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it will be the intern’s responsibility to make arrangements with his or her school. ACCESS WNY will provide the necessary job description and performance review upon request.
ACCESS WNY is looking for an intelligent, strategic, team player, and resourceful thinker to help the organization expand its communication and marketing efforts. The Communications/ Marketing Intern will work under the direction of the Executive Director in 3 main areas: media relations, social media, and marketing material development.
- Assisting with brainstorming, creating, and distributing marketing materials to promote programs and events
- Drafting basic digital and print marketing materials such as press releases, newsletter content, program brochures and flyers
- Preparing media kits
- Assisting marketing of programs and updating social media platforms.
- Enthusiasm and interest in communications and marketing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proof-reading skills
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Highly experienced in use of social media platforms including:
This is an unpaid internship.
WHAT YOU WILL GAIN
- The opportunity to custom-design your own internship to meet your individual academic and career needs.
- Flexible hours where, with appropriate notice, the associate will work to schedule hours around exams and other deadlines.
- The opportunity to interact with professionals in the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
- Knowledge that you are making a difference in the global health community.
- What are your career and academic goals?
- What do you expect out of an internship at RISE GHI?
- What special qualities do you feel will bring to this internship?
- What is the time frame that you expect to serve, and what days and hours are you available to work?
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AS ATTACHMENTS TO: Gamileh Jamil, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are accepted and reviewed year-round. There is no set deadline.
For more information about ACCESS WNY, please visit www.accesswny.org
**Highly motivated High Schools will be considered for this position.
|JOB DESCRIPTION – COMMUNICATIONS/MARKETING INTERN|